The Reception teachers for 2022-23 are Mrs Clare Callaghan and Miss Beth Dalton. Please speak directly to a member of the teaching team if you have any queries or concerns. Reception is also supported by Mrs Kirpal Birdi, Mrs Nadia Bhutta, Mrs Saeeda Bi and Miss Heather Lamb
The EYRS Phase Leader is Mrs Clare Callaghan; she will try to help you, if the class teacher is unable to do so. Her direct e-mail address is email@example.com. If you have any further suggestions on how we can develop communication, please let us know
At Talbot Primary School, we aim to welcome Parents and Carers into our setting, as we believe that this partnership will provide the best start on your child’s journey through their early years education.
Our setting is calm, cosy and natural with areas of provision that will be familiar to children coming from Nursery but is developed and built upon to ensure progression. In the Early Years, the child is our curriculum. We build upon children’s current knowledge and prior learning, as well as providing opportunities for them to develop their learning through their own interests. Ultimately, what and how they learn is unique to them; every child’s journey will be slightly different. As a result, our curriculum is bespoke to Talbot Primary School and is driven by our own community.
Please see the links below for information on our bespoke curriculum, ideas to help at home and websites to support communication and to spark a lifelong love of learning.
- Early Years Rationale
- Long Term Plan for Early Years
- A parents' guide to Assessment in Action (Reception curriculum)
- Top 50 things to do before you are five
- The Communication Trust
- Guidance on you child's learning and development in the early years foundation stage
- A parents' guide to developing independence in children
- Find out how we assess in Early Years, by clicking here
- Curriculum Letters and School Newsletters
- Visit Tapestry to discover even more about Reception (requires pupil username and password)
New Reception Starters September 2022