The Reception teachers for 2021-2 are Mrs Callaghan (teaching RCC) and Miss Christy (teaching RHC). The year group is supported by Mrs Bhutta, Miss Jenkins and Miss Lamb. Please speak directly to a member of the team if you have any queries or concerns.
Welcome to Reception at Talbot Primary School. We aim to welcome Parents and Carers into our setting as we believe that this partnership will provide the best start on your child’ journey through early years education.
Our setting is calm cosy and natural with areas of provision that will be familiar to children coming from Nursery but is developed and built upon to reflect the childrens’ interests and to ensure progression.
In the Early Years the child is our curriculum. We build upon children’s current knowledge and prior learning as well as providing opportunities for them to develop their learning through their own interests. Ultimately, what and how they learn is unique to them; every child’s journey will be slightly different. As a result our curriculum is bespoke to Talbot Primary School and is driven by our own community.
Please see the links below for information on our bespoke curriculum, ideas to help at home and websites to support communication and to spark a lifelong love of learning.
- The Early Years Phase Leader is Mrs Callaghan – email@example.com
- Early Years Rationale
- Long Term Plan for Early Years
- Curriculum Letters and School Newsletters
- Top 50 things to do before you are five
- The Communication Trust
- Guidance on you child's learning and development in the early years foundation stage
- Visit Tapestry to discover even more about Reception (requires pupil username and password)
- A helpful guide on how parents can help children to become independent
- Find out how we assess in Early Years, by clicking here
- Find out more about our Curriculum below:
The links below highlight some of the teaching and learning completed by Reception in the last academic year. It will be updated with work from the current year group by October half term.