The Nursery teacher for 2020-21 is Mrs Johnson. She is supported by our two Nursery Officers Miss Bi and Mrs Wilby and teaching assistant Mrs Birdi. Please speak directly to a member of the team if you have any queries or concerns.
At Talbot we know how important it is to get the best possible start to your child's school journey. As a team, we ensure that our first primary aim is to make sure that all our children feel safe, secure and happy to learn. In Nursery, we recognise the importance of the prime areas of learning, and as a result, provision holds true to these aspects, namely:
- Communication and Language: We explore fun and engaging ways in which to get the children involved in a language rich environment and develop their confidence and skills to express themselves and to speak and listen. One of the very special things about Talbot is that we are lucky to welcome children and families that are a representation of Leeds - rich and diverse in its culture and languages
- Physical Development: We ensure the children are given lots of opportunities to get active and interactive, develop their co-ordination, control, movement and strength. we also help the children to make healthy choices about food.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development: We help the children to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, form positive relationships and respect for others and the social skills to manage their feelings and behaviours in groups.
Please do see the following websites for some useful ways you can support your child(ren) to widen their experiences and enjoyment. Do not hesitate to contact a member of Nursery if you need any help.
The Early Years Phase Leader is Mrs Callaghan – email@example.com
- Long Term Plan for Early Years
- Top 50 things to do before you are five
- The Communication Trust
- Guidance to your child's learning and development in the early years foundation stage
New Starter Presentation
Here are some examples of life in Nursery, so you can get a flavour of how we do things.