We are delighted to be able to share Ofsted’s full report with you, following their two-day school inspection in March 2023. ‘This is an exceptional school’ is the opening sentence and we are thrilled to have been judged as ‘outstanding’ in every category.
The inspection followed on from the successful outcome in January 2022 and covered everything from the quality of education and how the school is led and managed to its pupils’ behaviour and attitudes and their personal development. The inspection reported that:
- ‘Pupils are proud to be part of this exceptional school.'
- 'Leaders have established a powerful vision, rooted in ‘courage, truth and loyalty’. This inspires pupils to live out these values through their exemplary conduct and interactions.’
- 'Staff and pupils value their diverse community [and that] Talbot Primary School is a vibrant, friendly and happy place to learn.’
The inspectors described how our school effectively navigates barriers to learning and how:
- 'Pupils learn in detail about a range of different faiths and often teach one other about their own beliefs and culture. This knowledge informs the deep respect with which pupils treat everyone around them.'
- One pupil summed up the difference this makes, saying, ‘We are supported to be ourselves and we can aim to be anything we want.’
The report also noted how:
- ‘Leaders place no limit on pupils’ academic and personal development. Staff have established a curriculum which enables deep study of each subject. Pupils rise to this ambition….they recognise the importance of their learning, so lessons are calm and focused. All staff are experts in teaching pupils SEND [and] pupils with SEND flourish with this exceptional support.’
They also confirmed the impact of our broad, balanced and ambitious 3 to 11 curriculum, which ‘Teachers skilfully use to create exciting lessons. Pupils find this learning captivating.’
We are overjoyed with the report and judgement - it is a credit to every child, staff member and parent and carer linked to the school.
The full inspection report can be accessed below, and also viewed on the Ofsted website.