Talbot PTA - Fun and Fundraising for Talbot Primary!
What is the Talbot PTA? (Parents/Teacher Association)
Talbot PTA is a team of friendly, hard-working, enthusiastic parents who volunteer to devise and deliver fun events in order to have fun as a school community and raise funds for the school. We raise money to support things for the school that are outside the school and nursery’s budget. Our aim is to fund items or initiatives that will have most benefit to as many Talbot children as possible.
Funds are most often raised by devising and running events at the school for Talbot children and their families, staff and teachers to enjoy. Talbot PTA is a registered charity.
Who are the PTA members?
Whilst there are a few formal ‘officer roles’ required by the legal charity status (e.g. Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, School Signatory) and some regular helpers, everyone who is a parent or teacher at Talbot is welcome. The more people who volunteer the more we can achieve. Each class has a PTA class representative who will share PTA information and arrange help and rotas for summer fair stalls.
What are the regular PTA activities?
We try to introduce new events each year – and we love to have a different, fun theme for each Summer Fair - but there is a core list of activities that have become part of the Talbot PTA annual calendar of events, namely: Talbot’s Got Talent (new in 2018), Festive/Christmas Fair (including personalised Christmas cards/gifts and a visit from Santa), Adult’s Quiz Night, Easter Extravaganza, Cake Sales, Roundhay Park Fun Run (inter-schools initiative), KS1 & KS2 Discos (2 per annum) and the Summer Fair – summer term
In addition, we also help at school events such as:
- World Book Week – supporting Mrs Liddington, with the book corner installation (new in 2018) and Bedtime Stories in PJs event (new in 2018)
- Health and Wellbeing Fair – in 2018 we provided Mindfulness sessions at this event
- Sports Days – we provide refreshments for all pupils during the 4-5 days of year group sports days
Recent Summer Fair themes: Recent Summer Fairs have included Tour de Talbot, Carnival of Robots, Talbot Olympics, Knights and Dragons and then in 2018…the ‘Big Friendly Giant (Roald Dahl) Fair’. We are looking forward to planning our 2019 event inspired by ‘Harry Potter’.
How do I contact the PTA Officers?
- send a note via the School Office addressed to Talbot PTA
- chat to your PTA Class Representative
- follow our Facebook group ww.facebook.com/talbotpta
- see our PTA noticeboards – on front gate, near Reception or overlooking school fields (usually updated for specific events)
How can parents help?
- Volunteer any possible help for planning or delivery of events
- Become a class rep or officer (at AGM - usually early Autumn)
- Attend and support events
- Provide security/safeguarding support at children’s events
- Contribute items or time for fairs
- Join Talbotto or the 100 club– the PTA lottos
- Ask your employer about ‘matched funding’ – most medium to large organisations will have an existing scheme to match event/stall funds raised as a cash gift for the charity
- Bake amazing products for cake stalls and sales!